Is Iceland on your travel list yet? Well, it should be, and there are so many reasons why everyone should visit this marvelous country once in their lifetime! Iceland is the perfect destination for nature lovers. Those who love the cold but still love taking part in activities while admiring nature. One can find some of the most amazing landscapes in Iceland. One can visit some of the best waterfalls as well by take tours that companies provide. Aside from waterfalls, there are many other outdoor attractions that one can visit. Such as the Thingvellir national park, the famous great geyser, beautiful caves, volcanoes, and mountains, so much to see and so much to do. This is why one should make an ultimate bucket list of all the things they want to see.
If one is thinking about tours to Iceland, then they should make a note of all the things that they want to see and do. Many people have said that they regret not doing their research first and making a note of all the places they would like to see and things they would like to do. Well just for that reason, this holds a bucket list that hopefully proves useful for you.
The Ultimate Bucket List of things to do when in Iceland:
- First and foremost seeing the Northern Lights– Most people visit Iceland to see this beautiful and natural phenomenon. The best time to see these lights are in the winter when the weather is clear. It is most likely to find them from September to April. If one does decide to go hunting for the northern lights, then it will surely be worth their time.
- The Midnight sun-If one gets a chance to watch the midnight sunlight the sky in different tones of pink and yellow then they will have had a beautiful experience already. This midnight sun lets one enjoy the long summer days of Iceland even more. It is out during summer months and the best place to see it would be near the Sun voyager, or by Grotta, Reykjavik.
- The Glacier Lagoon– This stunning lagoon which is surrounded by glaciers and has icebergs floating in it, can be something that one might want to admire from far or one could take a boat and ride on the lagoon. One should not miss the chance to make such memories.
- The geothermal pools or The Blue lagoon-This would be an important addition to the bucket list. One should go swimming or just relax in a geothermal pool. There are many such pools if you do not wish to visit this but to live up to the tradition, swimming in a geothermally heated pool is a must.
- And of course, the famous Geysers– Iceland is best known for its geysers and also has ‘Geysir’. The strokkur geyser is a famous one that erupts every few minutes and can reach up to 130 feet in the air. It is truly a sight to behold. This is something one will definitely want to include on their tours to Iceland.
- The Waterfalls– Most of the people the visit Iceland is stunned by how beautiful the waterfalls are. Every single person has to make a stop to see one or even more than one. Seljalandsfoss is a unique one because one can actually walk behind it to view it.
- Volcanoes– One might not be lucky enough to see a live volcano erupt, but one can surely feel nature’s power by standing close to an active volcano that spews lava.
- Reykjanes Penninsula – This includes the famous Blue Lagoon outdoor bathing spot. This visit is a “must-see” and doesn’t forget your bathing suit.
- South Coast Safari and Jökulsarlon glacial lagoon – A full tour that takes you along the south coast of the island and to the spectacular glacial lagoon. Simply magical.
- Snaefellsjokull – For those interested in volcanoes or geology, the fantastic tour takes you back to a different time.
- The Saga Circle – On the west side of Iceland, this was the home of the island’s most forward-thinking minds and philosophers. No place like it. Rich bird-life and striking cliffs.
- South Coast and Thorsmork – Capture the south side and spend extra time at the Thorsmork reserve. This sojourn is a wildlife lover’s dream come true.
- The Golden Circle – Gullfoss and Geysir make this trip the most popular and spellbinding tour. Plan on seeing striking waterfalls and those amazing geysers.
- The Blue Lagoon – Visit the west side of Iceland and see and feel the unparalleled beauty of this spectacular lagoon set in the country’s youngest lava field. Bring your camera.
- The Pearl of the Highlands – Hop on the bus and visit Landmannalaugar to take in panoramic views and enjoy bathing in a totally natural hot spring. There is really nothing quite like it.
These are just some of the island’s most appealing sights. These spectacular trips make everyone anxious to return. And don’t forget about the duty-free shops. Shoppers will love the journey through Reykjavik and neighboring towns. See the local color. Chat with natives and dine exquisitely. A vacation in Iceland is far from the maddening crowds elsewhere and is sure to be an intimate unforgettable experience. These are a few of the things that should be on anyone’s bucket list. If they are planning tours to Iceland. What benefit will this have? Well true sights to behold, memories and photographs that one can keep with him for years to come.